I think that the Ming and Qing dynasties will remain as extremely patriarchal societies in which men have the power over women. Patriarchy has remained constant throughout all dynasties so it will most likely not change. In terms of religion, Confucianism will remain in the dynasties in one form or another. Confucianism has been a big and constant aspect in all past dynasties and will continue throughout the future dynasties.
I agree that the dynasties will remain patriarchal societies. I think that maybe a blend of Christianity and Confucianism will show up because people from Europe went to China more regularly during this time,
ReplyDeleteI also think the Ming and Qing Dynasties will remain highly patriarchal. Throughout China's history it has not only persisted, but it has gotten worse, evident in the introduction of foot binding in the Tang Dynasty. I think that while foreign religions may appear in China, they won't hold much traction and Confucianism will remain dominant.
ReplyDelete