Monday, September 10, 2012

History Head picture


5 comments:

  1. Hola Nick!

    This poster really stood out on the wall because of its colorful photos and title. The timeline is a little small and hard to read, however; it would be much better if it was larger. Both Mesopotamian societies and Egypt had polytheistic religions for most of their existence. They also built pyramids, but they were used for separate purposes. The Mesopotamian's were used as temples and monuments to the gods; and the Egyptian's were used as large tombs to house the mummies of pharaohs. What does the picture in the history head's jaw represent?

    Sinceramente,
    Gabriel Arcaro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick!

    I liked a bunch of things about your poster, one of the things that really stood out for me was the fact that the pictures inside your history head actually fit! (Mine didn't... >:[), and also I like the variety in your pictures, and your key was very defined and clear. However, something I'd like to point out is your timeline; it is indeed a timeline, but I feel that there would be more than a beginning and an end (from what I can see in this amazing Ipad camera quality, anyways). The civilizations in both Mesopotamia and Egypt had polytheistic religions; and they were different in the sense that the writing of the Mesopotamians was based on strokes and symbols Egypts was based on pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh right...and my question is about the picture labeled 3 and what it represents.

    -Ronak

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick <333333!
    The poster looks great! I really like the explanation of the internal and external pictures, really helps with the understanding of the poster. The one issue that I have is the timeline, perhaps there could have been more information on it, such as events that took place during the time period? Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia are very similar because they both lived off of fertile land with the rivers that surrounded them. They differed because religion played a huge role in Egypt, while Hammurabi codes were much more important in Mesopotamia. What important events took place during the ruling of Hammurabi?

    Love
    Mike Ackerman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey nick!
    I really liked you history head I think it is really nice and well crafted. However I did notice that the timeline did not have quite as much information as it could have. Mesopotamia and Mesoamerica are similar in that they high had corn based agricultural economies. They are different because of their styles of art.
    What did happen in Mesopotamia from the time that Mesopotamia became mesopotamia to when it became something other than what it was?
    Hope

    ReplyDelete